Wednesday, September 15, 2010

3 years

How is it that I could love this cat so much....




...but this one drives me crazy?



They look a lot alike, huh?  Trust me, they're like night and day.  I am trying to like Casper.  I really am.  He's beautiful.  I can't deny that.  And he really can be sweet.  He's more cuddly than our other two.  I often wonder if we weren't being fair when we got Casper.  Even though we knew he would never BE Squeaky, we still thought he would be a little bit like him from the description the rescue listed online.  But he's not.  He's Casper.  And that should be okay.  But he's a touch insane.  Just ask Scott.  We keep waiting for him to mellow out and grow on us...  Not sure when/if that's going to happen, since it's been over 2 years...

Squeaky was perfect.  He was the world's best cat.  I know other cat lovers will say that this isn't true because THEY have or had the world's best cat.  I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.  With the understanding that I am right.  ;o) 

I lost my sweet Squeaky 3 years ago today.  You'd think that would be enough time to "get over" his death, but I'm not sure I'll ever get to that point.  He was part of my life for 16 years, and I loved him more than I've ever loved any animal.  When he died, he took a piece of my heart with him.  I know that sounds cliche and corny, but I don't know how else to describe the ache I feel when I look at his picture.  Yes, I know.  Most people would say he was "just a cat," but those people didn't know him.  He was far from ordinary.  We grew up together.  He was my buddy.  My friend.  And I will never forget him. 



I miss you, Skeeks.  ♥
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that we have both posted about our crazy animals!

Heather G said...

He was very pretty!! And I believe that he was the best cat ever, because Daisy sure isn't...yet. Though she can be sweet.... sometimes. :) I'm sorry you still miss him so much, losing a pet you grew up with is hard!

Dorothy said...

I still feel this way about Lakota. I honestly think that there is an animal that can touch your life like no other. Native Americans certainly believe in a Spirit Animal, that everyone has a Spirit Guide. Lakota was mine. Squeaky was yours. We are both blessed to have been able to share our lives with them. ((hugs))