Monday, October 18, 2010
My Favourite Things: Monday
I typically follow Thelma's lead when it comes to My Favourite Things: Monday, but she has dropped down to posting this series every two weeks... So, my options are to skip it, or go back in the archives of Life as Two and find an old post that I haven't done yet. There are quite a few, so that is my plan on the "off" weeks - at least until I catch up.
This week's topic comes from Thelma's April 19, 2010 post: kitchen things. Due to the item Thelma selected, I'm assuming she intended for her followers to choose something that is not an appliance. So, I selected my Pampered Chef pizza stone.
I've had my stone for a number of years, so it is very well-seasoned. Anyone who owns (and uses!) a stone knows that the well-seasoned ones are almost black. Like this.
The darker the finish, the better they cook. If yours isn't dark yet, you aren't using it enough. I'm just sayin'!
I store it in my oven, and I even leave it in there when I'm baking in another dish. They can handle the heat better than being dropped, so the oven is the safest place for it in my house. The stone can be used for so much more than pizza, too. I've used it to bake french fries, reheat leftovers, and bake cookies. The latter is probably my favorite thing to use it for, as it makes perfect cookies each and every time. The key is to let the stone preheat, since it takes it a while to get heated through.
So there you have it. My favorite kitchen item isn't anything glamorous, nor is it a thing of beauty. But it is very practical. And since Monday is almost over, this post is a bit rushed. So hopefully it flows somewhat well. And if not, you'll forgive me... right? :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
My PC stone is my most used kitchen item as well! Love it! I used to have the bar pan that i loved till we blew it up by putting it on a hot burner...sad day :)
Esther once blew up a Pyrex dish by putting it on a hot burner. I was nearby when it happened - it did literally blow up - a loud BANG with glass flying in all directions.
I love my baking stones! Someday I want to get one of the baking pans, with sides. And yours looks very well used! I thought mine was dark and broken in, but I've got nothing on yours! :)
I use my stone for cookies too!
Post a Comment