Monday, November 1, 2010

My Favourite Things: Monday


Yes, it's time for another My Favourite Things: Monday. 

Yes, I realize I've only been blogging on Mondays and Friday lately. 

Yes, I am totally stuck in a rut. 

I'll try to work on that. 

Maybe.  :o)

Today's category comes from Thelma's April 26, 2010 post:  the bathroom.  Finding my favorite thing in our bathroom was a no-brainer.  I absolutely LOVE my showerhead.  It is truly amazing. 

Now, you have to understand something about me.  Although I like being clean, I do not particularly enjoy the process of getting clean.  I don't enjoy baths at all, and I think showers are a necessary evil.  Mostly I just hate being cold and wet afterward.  Which I know is silly, since it's temporary and I will be warm again soon, but that's just the way it is. 

About two years ago when I was traveling for work, I fell in love.  The hotel I was staying in had an amazing double showerhead, and after using it one time, I immediately began plotting how I could steal it and take it home with me.  I somehow resisted the temptation and sadly went home without it.

Later that year I received an Amazon.com giftcard as a gift, and a friend suggested I use it for purchasing one of the showerheads I'd been raving about...  So I did. 

Isn't it beautiful??
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
I'm still not overly fond of showering, as a general rule, but this beauty certainly makes the process a heckofa lot more worthwhile!

6 comments:

Thelma said...

Two things:
1. Thank you for showering and/or bathing despite your dislike of it. I say this on behalf of many. :P

2. I need one. Gimme.

WV: merdson

dleatherland said...

Wow, that must be some friend you have!

Esther said...

You're welcome, T. But you'll have to buy your own. :D

Some friend indeed, D'! And very generous, too!

Dawn said...

DUDE!!! I hate baths too, and I dislike showers as well! Why? I hate being wet and cold afterwards! HOW FUNNY!! This looks so nice though! I may have to put this on my wish list.

I also love the color of your walls! Beautiful! :)

WV: mistopo!

Esther said...

Seriously, Dawn... Are we related?? How many things can we have in common?!?! We need to start a list. And research our genealogy. :D I did have a grandfather I never knew, and he had another family I never met...

Unknown said...

Sooooo I am a little obsessive about shower heads. I judge hotels and other peoples houses by their shower head. That one looks fan-flippin-tastic!

wv: ingiz