Monday, December 13, 2010

My Favourite Things: Monday



Going back to the archives of Life As Two, this week's topic is jewelry.  Now, if you know me at all, you know that jewelry is one of my weaknesses.  Particularly rings.  And watches.  And earrings.  :o)  I own a lot of jewelry, and unlike some people, I wear most of it.  I pretty much never leave the house without wearing several rings, a watch, a bracelet, and two pairs of earrings.  Occasionally I will wear a necklace.  I seriously do not feel completed dressed if I'm not wearing my jewelry.

I have MANY favorite pieces, so at first I wasn't quite sure how I was going to narrow it down to just one (other than my wedding ring).  Then I realized that there is one item that I wear more than any other.  My sterling silver cuff bracelet. 


I remember where I bought it (at a street festival in my home town), but I can't remember how much I paid.  The funny thing is, I'm not really that crazy about the actual design on the bracelet (I think it kind looks like a train of scorpions!), yet it remains my go-to piece.  It is the one bracelet that I wear whenever I'm not sure what goes with my outfit.  Or simply because I don't feel like wearing anything else.  Or because I'm in a hurry and running late (which is sooooooooo very rare!  ha).  :o)

The reason I love this bracelet so much is because it's small, versatile, and most importantly...  comfortable.  It really is the one piece I wear more than anything else.  I love how it fits snugly on my wrist.  It's lightweight and doesn't ever feel heavy or clank around like some bigger pieces I own.  I wear those too, and love them!  But this bracelet is so comfortable, it's not unusual for me to forget to take it off at the end of a day.  I'd really love to have another bracelet that fits like this one -- with a prettier design -- but I've looked and not been successful in finding one yet.  Perhaps someday... 

So, what about you?  Do you have a favorite piece of jewelry? 

3 comments:

Suz said...

As you know, I hardly switch my jewelry. My favorite right now is my ruby ring, but I do love my necklace that people mistake for a treble clef (which is just FINE with me). The one I've had for the longest is my "JESUS" toe ring, which amuses me that one would put Jesus on a toe ring, but I wear it anyway. :)

Dawn said...

I LOVE your bracelet! I don't know if you'll believe this, but other than my new anniversary band, MY cuff bracelet is my favorite piece of jewelry! LOL! :D

It's an original by a First Nations artist from British Columbia, Canada (where I'm from and my family currently lives). It has a hummingbird on it with four flowers. It's sterling silver, and the centers of the flowers, along with the eye of the hummingbird are yellow gold circles. It's beautiful, and I never take it off. I got it for my 30th birthday from my family. I love sentimental things, and unusual things, and this fits both categories! ♥

Thelma said...

My current favourite piece is probably my James Avery ring; love it. Wear it everyday. Pretty much feel nekkid without it. :)

WV: extme