Have I mentioned how funny my friend Thelma is? Truly hilarious. If you don't believe me, hop on over to her blog and read her entry on silicone muffin cups. Seriously, she's the funniest person I've never met! Oh, and incidentally, her blog has a Facebook page now, if you'd be interested in following her there. No, she didn't ask me to make that plug for her. Her blog is simply that good. :o)
The item Thelma chose today brings us back to the kitchen. She quite wasn't sure how to categorize "silicone muffin cups," and I'm not sure I do either, so I decided to select a kitchen tool for my favourite thing.
This may sound crazy, but I really love spatulas. Not the kind used for flipping grilled cheese sandwiches or hamburgers, but the "scraper" type that is used to get all of the batter out of the pancake mixing bowl. I'm a bit obsessive about getting every last drop -- just ask my husband! It's not because I'm frugal -- far from it! It's because I can. I don't know why, but it gives me a strange sense of satisfaction. :o)
I grew up using the Rubbermaid brand spatulas, which work pretty good. However, I was later introduced to the ones made by Pampered Chef (they call them "scrapers"), and I've never used anything since. In fact, to ensure that there will always be a clean one available, I have two full sets of all 4 sizes.
![]() |
| http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=191&catId=123 |
Wow. I'm full of unpaid endorsements today. :o)
I'll close with my favorite features of the Pampered Chef Scrapers:
- The head is fused directly to the handle, so you never worry about it falling off.
- Won't crack, burn, melt or stain.
- Heat-resistant to 650°F
- Dishwasher-safe.
What about you? Do you have a favorite, don't-know-how-I-ever-lived-without-it kitchen tool/item?


6 comments:
I love spatulas (your kind) too. Yay for scraping the bowl clean!
I am left handed, so finding a good spatula for me is insane. I finally settled on Rachel Rays spoonulas, because they are 2-sided!
I'm just glad she uses her spatulas to get the bowls completely emptied - and NOT the tongues of dogs!
I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.
God Bless You :-)
~Ron
lately I've appreciated my Pampered Chef apple corer. Not the corer/peeler/slicer, just the simple corer. I Have been microwaving a lot of apples lately, and it makes it so easy!
I am a fan of PC, but I prefer the spoon spatulas to their scrapers. There's something about their scrapers that is just too thick - not my preference, I guess!
Wooden spoons.
I mean, you can sautee with them, scrape out most of the batter (and I do like to leave a little, because I used to lick the beaters but now I have to little beater-eaters, so now I have to lick the bowl), and best of all, you can use them to spank people who try to eat your food!
Post a Comment