Monday, December 27, 2010

My Favourite Things: Monday


Today's topic:  Shoes!  What girl doesn't love shoes? 

Me.

Really, I don't.  I like them, but love...?  Nah.  They're just shoes. 

I've only had a couple pairs of shoes that I would consider impractical splurges.  When I was in high school, I had a pair of red & white wingtip-style heels that were awesome, but I pretty much only wore them with one outfit.  That was definitely a splurge. 

Most of the shoes I have owned have been necessities.  Well, at least necessities by my definition.  :o)  For instance, I can't just have one pair of black dress shoes.  I must have a "dress casual" pair that goes equally well with pants or jeans, and a pair I could wear with a skirt (even though I never wear skirts).  The same goes for brown shoes.  That may sound like a lot to some people (read: men), but I pretty much only wear those 4 pairs of shoes.  I have a couple pairs of tennis shoes, but typically choose my my "dress casual" shoes over those. 

A couple years ago I found a perfect pair of black dress pumps for a steal, so I was more than happy to take them home.  I can barely wear anything with a heel of any height, so I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable these pumps were on my feet.  I came very close to loving those shoes.  I literally wore them 'til they fell apart. 

Shortly after I purchased my perfect black pumps, I came across these beauties: 


They were the exact same style as my beloved black pumps!!  But...  they were not on sale, which is unfortunate, since I was helpless to resist their charm. 

The saddest part of this story is this:  I can no longer wear them.  :o(  My sister told me my feet would shrink when I lost weight, but I didn't believe her.  I've worn the same size shoe since high school, for goodness sake!  But here I am...  wearing an 8 1/2. 

Does anyone out there with a size 9 foot want my cute, leopard-print, comfy pumps?  They're barely worn!  You know, since they're impractical.  ;o)   
Such happy shoes deserve to be worn and enjoyed... don't you think?

But what do I care?  I don't love shoes.  :o)

Or do I...?


6 comments:

Suzann said...

Oddly enough, my shoe size has not changed. Perhaps my feet never gained weight?

I found a pair of pumps that I love, and I just bought the exact same shoes recently because the first ones are getting worn out. Love that I could find them still! :)

Unknown said...

I wish I wore a 9! I wear a 5/6...try finding cute shoes in that size! So when I do find a pair of shoes that fits, is comfy, is cute, is practical, etc...I don't look at the price.

Rachel said...

First, HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE SHOES?! YOU ARE CRAZY!

Second, those shoes are adorable! I wish I was a size 9. :)

WV: hotco

Andrea said...

Hey!!! I'm a 9 :) those shoes are so cute

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

hey!!!! didn't know you had a blog! fun!!!

Tammy said...

I do not love shoes either. Maybe if I had lots of money to spend I would love shoes! LOL

You can always stuff cotton balls in the toes. ;-)