Since I'm doing this new blog thing, I've decided I need to get into some kind of pattern that will ensure I stay faithful to posting. So, in an effort to post at least once a week... :o) I am joining my friend Thelma in posting each Monday, "My Favourite Things: Monday" (she's Canadian, hence the spelling of "favourite!"). I am not nearly as gifted (nor as humorous!) as she, but I will do my best.
Today's "favourite" thing is autumn. Or as I like to call it, fall. I LOVE fall, so it is very difficult for me to narrow it down to one thing. I love the cooler weather, pulling out the comfy sweaters and sweatshirts, the comfort foods and their accompanying aromas, going to the American Royal, celebrating Thanksgiving with family... However, I think my favorite thing of all is seeing the colors of the changing leaves.
I've always loved fall foliage, even when I was a little girl. There's something so satisfying about crunching through the leaves on a cool fall day, both then and now as an adult. I love going for a drive with the sole purpose of finding beautiful trees to admire. In Missouri we have a lot of trees, but I know their beauty pales in comparison to other parts of the country.
On several occasions, I've been to Wisconsin in the fall to visit friends. Some of my favorite memories during those visits was when I was just driving around with my friend J, enjoying God's handiwork and listening to her Petraphonics album (pretty sure it was a cassette tape -- does that date me or what?). I can still vividly see the canopy of trees we were driving through at Devil's Lake as we sang along to "The Coloring Song," and laughing ourselves silly as we got lost while looking for a certain apple orchard. Such sweet memories with a dear friend. ♥ Kinda makes me want to drop everything and go for a visit now - I know she wouldn't object! If only it were that simple... (sorry, J!)
Unfortunately, after fall comes the inevitable frigid winter... but we won't think about that right now. Let's just revel in the beauty of the next couple months, shall we?
So, there you have it. My first installment of "My Favourite Things: Monday." What's your favorite thing about fall? If you post it on your blog, make sure you paste your link here in my comments. And if you don't have a blog, just leave me a comment so I can learn about your favourite thing. :o)
-E




5 comments:
scrapbooking with a good friend is close to the top of my list. ;-)
LOVE the smell of fall - fireplaces starting up, the cool, crisp air just smells so different. Also LOVE picking apples from our apple tree - sharing them with the girls and our dog! Good to see you blogging by the way! I have one too if you are ever interested - it's more of a way for me to keep connected with all our familiy so far away and to share things with the daycare parents: http://2girlsand2dogs.blogspot.com
You're a natural at this Esther... I enjoy all 4 seasons, in this order. #1-Fall, #2-Spring, #3-Summer, #4-Winter... :o), for the obvious reasons. But I'd rather spend them in Oklahoma, it's not quite as muggy there in the summer. I really enjoyed your pictures also.. Beautifully done, ladybug...
Johnny T.
I live in WI, you can visit me! I love fall, my favorite time of year!
Ok, this is fun. I was just telling my oldest daughter about this memory on Sunday night. :o) We went out for a special time after church at A&W ( the closest thing to Sonic up here). I had fun telling her some of the good memories of this time of the year. This memory was tops! Come back to Wisconsin, Esther!
Post a Comment