Friday, September 10, 2010

Photo Friday

I've been a cat lover for as long as I can remember.  I've always liked dogs, but didn't become a true fan until I owned my first dog as an adult.  The dog who converted me was Quincy, our pretty-much-perfect Golden Retriever.  Scott grew up around cats, but never cared much for dogs.  One look at Quincy and you'd assume that he won Scott's heart right away, but not so!  It took about a year and a half.  Fortunately, they're now the best of friends.  

Shortly after we got our second dog, Milo, we found out he had joint issues and would need some extra TLC.  I won't even tell you how much that has cost us.  And continues to cost us.  Suffice it to say he's worth it.  So far.  :o)

Anyway, one of the first pricey TLC items we bought for Milo was a dog bed.  Not just an ordinary dog bed, though.  An expensive one with memory foam support for his aching joints.  (Yes, memory foam.)  After we got it home, we realized we would have to go back for another one, because Quincy made it clear that he wanted one, too. 

We've had the beds for a while, but recently I decided to give them each an old throw pillow.  I figured they'd tear them up and that would be the end of it, but no...  they use them!  Which makes me smile.  :o)  And since I'm all about sharing, I wanted to give you the opportunity to smile, too.  So, here you go: 

Isn't he beautiful??

Milo apparently needs a bigger bed!
While we're on an animal theme...  Scott asked me to pick up some cheap, off-brand cat litter when I was at the store the other day and the name just made me laugh.


 Funny, right?  It's also kinda amusing to me that we buy only the best for our dogs, but the cheap stuff for our cats.  Not that they care what kind of litter they use.  We do buy them quality food, lest you think we're not spoiling all of our pets equally.  Glad we settled THAT.  ;o)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Aww, your pups are so cute with their pillows! ♥

Heather G said...

They are so sweet, cuddled on their beds with the pillows! We bought our dog Rolo a big bed...which Daisy claimed as her own. He has taken to dragging a microfiber blanket from his kennel to wherever he's decided to sit and resting his head on that :)