Since it's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, I feel like I can say that. :o) Besides, I've been feeling a bit Thanksgiving-ish since yesterday, when I made pumpkin butter for the first time ever! My friend
Kim posted the recipe last week, and it sounded so great I just had to try it myself. She found it on
Gina's Skinny Recipes' blog, which has a
bunch of other great-sounding recipes, too! We actually tried her
Pumpkin Spiced Crepes with our pumpkin butter, but honestly I preferred it on just plain toast. The pumpkin butter turned out so nicely, I can't wait to try more of her recipes!
Without further ado, here is the fabulous pumpkin butter recipe:
Pumpkin Butter
Gina's Skinny Recipes
Servings: 14 •
Serving Size: 1/4 cup •
Points: 1.5 pts
Calories: 88.2 •
Fat: 0.3 g •
Protein: 1.0 g •
Carb: 27.3 g •
Fiber: 2.5 g
- 3 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, or 1 (29 ounce) can (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks (I substituted 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon)
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
Combine pureed pumpkin, vanilla, apple juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan;
stir well. Bring mixture to a
boil.
Reduce heat, and
simmer for 30 - 40 minutes or until thickened.
Stir frequently.
Adjust spices to your taste.
 |
TIP: It's good warm, but tastes MUCH better after it has chilled
and the flavors have had a chance to meld. If I can make it, anyone can!
Give it a try! :o) | |
No comments:
Post a Comment