I realize I have been neglectful of my blog this week. I hope you can forgive me. You know, since I typically blog consistently and frequently. And now that my apology is out of the way... ;o)
1. I went shopping with some of my awesome HP girls on Sunday. I wasn't going for the retail therapy, but simply to enjoy being with friends. And apparently to eat a giant, chocolate cream horn.
Later on Leesha and I went to Ted's Montana Grill for dinner. The next day they closed down all the Ted's locations in the KC area. That may or may not have been our fault.
2. My MIL always gives me money for my birthday, with which I often purchase clothing. Somewhere along the line while I was in the process of losing weight, my mindset changed when it came to spending money on clothes. Since what I was buying would only fit me temporarily, I refused to get anything that wasn't dirt cheap. Even now, when I am somewhat content with my size, I can't imagine ever being okay with buying clothes the way I used to. Case in point, this girl who hated thrift stores when she was growing up spent almost 3 hours in one on Monday night, and spent all her birthday money on used clothes. And she's unbelievably happy with her purchases! I may post more about that excursion at another time. :o)
3. On Tuesday night, I decided to stop by the grocery store on my way home from work to pick up a few items. I didn't feel like making dinner by the time I was done, so I went through the Arby's drive-thru. And of course, the guy forgot to give me our curly fries. I had already pulled forward, and there was a car behind me, so I turned off the car to go inside. Apparently, turning off the car was a big mistake, because once I got back it wouldn't start. Fortunately, I was only minutes from home, so Scott came to my rescue. We couldn't get it jump started, so the manager and Mr. I-Forgot-Your-Curly-Fries (grrrr!) came out and helped us push it out of the way. After transferring our groceries to the Jeep, we went home, ate our cold food, and then came back to try again. This time it started and we were able to get the car home. Yay! Long story a smidge shorter, we got a new battery the next day, and all is well with the car again. It was really inconvenient for the car battery to die when it did because we were planning to take the Jeep in that night for some minor repairs while it was still under warranty. Thankfully, the car fiasco only delayed us by one day, and my Jeep is back to normal. ♥
4. I had a birthday this week. I have never been a fan of birthdays. I don't enjoy being the center of attention, especially when I haven't done anything to deserve it. I mean, really... all I did was survive another year, right? And not by my own doing. ;o) On top of that, birthdays are just incredibly hard when you're infertile. Every year that passes by is a reminder that you've gone ANOTHER year with empty arms. Last year I turned 35, and that was particularly difficult. I was anticipating this one being awful as well, but oddly enough... it wasn't. I had a great birthday, thanks in part to all the friends who made me feel special. Three in particular (you know who you are!). ♥ Honestly, I don't remember feeling sad at all that day. And that alone was enough to make it awesome. :o)
5. My friend Dawn got a kitten. Isn't he precious?? Don't you want one??
![]() |
| Meet Fuego! |
"My friend Dawn is getting a kitten for my birthday! Just think how many homeless kitties would be saved if all of my Facebook friends followed her lead! ;o) That would make me a very happy birthday-girl! ♥"As far as I know, she's the only one of my friends who got a kitten for my birthday. :o(
Oh well. At least I tried.
Have I mentioned how cute he is???




5 comments:
You don't like being the center of attention on your birthday, yet you posted "Not that I'm counting, but the 324 remaining friends who have not yet
wished me a Happy Birthday only have 40 minutes left to do so. On your
mark, get set, post!" on your wall. Love it! Sorry about the curly fries...
That's called HUMOR, Jeremy. ;o) And they were Scott's dumb fries. I'm just sorry I turned the car off. :D
I know. And I did laugh. You don't like curly fries? You're missing out.
♥ you! I wish Rusty would have let me get a kitten for your birthday. :)
I want a kitten for your birthday! (Unfortunately allergies don't agree with me.) Loved reading your update, drooled over that chocolate thing, think the restaurant closing HAD to be tied to your visit ;), am proud you have become a thrift store enthusiast, and am praising God for granting you a joyous and grace-filled (grief-reduced) birthday!!! {{{hug}}}
Post a Comment