- I'm not sure why, but I keep forgetting that I have more than one set of dishes. I love my second set, but we very rarely use them.
Just last month when I was taking a picture of a food item I was going to blog about, I mentioned to Scott that I wish we had some "classic" dishes that I could use for taking pictures of food. And then I proceeded to take the picture on a paper plate. (???) My regular dishes are Americana, which I love-love-love. I just don't want them featured in every food picture I take. My red and white ones would look good with just about anything. So why can't I remember I have them????

- I don't dance. Trust me. I have no rhythm. But there is a song that I do a finger dance to in my Jeep when I'm driving down the road. You will never see it. Unless you happen to be driving in the car next to me when it comes on the radio. It's nothing special. Certainly not as elaborate as this awesome video (which is totally worth watching!!)
- Why is turning the heat/air conditioning on for the first time of any given season such a big deal to some people? "I waited as long as I could but finally caved this morning and turned on the heat." I understand that people are trying to save money, but if I'm cold, the heat comes on. And if I'm hot, the air comes on. I don't believe in being uncomfortable when it's within my power to prevent it. We never set our thermostat at an extreme temperature either way. Just enough to keep the chill off or the humidity out. And somehow, we still manage to pay the bills... ;o)
- One of the "joys" of being a receptionist is transferring calls. I don't typically mind this since the caller isn't wanting to talk to me, and I'm just passing them on to someone else. That's the way it's supposed to work, anyway. What is annoying is when the person you are transferring to won't take the call ("Put them in my voicemail!") and then the caller gets irate with you. Or when the person DOES take the call, but feels the need to groan loudly and complain to you about who is calling (I'm required to stay on the line to let them know who is calling before I can complete the transfer). Or when the person simply won't answer their phone, and you KNOW they're sitting right there at their desk. (Must be nice. I wish I could ignore MY phone...) Obviously some people have this mentality:
 |
| http://www.despair.com/ap24x30prin.html |
- One closing Random Musing for today....
Pie is better than cake.
It's true.
Ask anyone.
Except for Dawn and Rachel.
On second thought, just ask Thelma. Because she agrees with me. ♥
5 comments:
Esther,
I just read your blog after meeting you on HP and was so suprised to discover that we have the same job!!
I'm in the SAME situation - except often times I'm rolling my eyes and letting out LOUD sighs upon hanging up the phone. Not the greatest example since I work at my church :)
Hope I get to know you better on HP!
Nan
Your red and white plates are beautiful! I know I've seen them before but also forgot you had them. You should get them out at least once a week and use them. :o) Ok, dancing, I don't do it either, if that makes you feel better. :o) Now, as far as the heat/air are concerned, I agree with you! If I'm hot I turn the air on, like I did today, I know I'm a little overboard, but you know I hate sweating! And, if I'm cold I turn the heat on, but only to 67, maybe 68, if the fam starts to complain that they're still cold. :o)
* Your dishes are beautiful! I love them! I have china, but I don't use it very often, mostly because I'm afraid clumsy me will break it!
*I don't dance either. :-P
*I'm with you on the heat/air!
*I was a receptionist for many years, and I hated it when people wanted me to lie for them. "Tell them I'm not here". Really? What would be so wrong with taking the call? (BTW I never lied for them, they just wanted me to!)
*I agree! :-)
I have a new joy with my new position at work - being the middle call. The receptionist transfers the call to me and then I see if my boss is available. Ppl get very tired of the middle man!
I agonized over turning on my heat because I am concerned about my furnace and how much longer it will last and whether or not it will blow up my house. Due to work craziness, I couldn't get it serviced before it had to be turned on, so I just flipped the switch. And prayed. (In case you're curious, I'm still here. In my house...)
Bahaha I am definitely one of those people who waits as.long.as.possible. to turn on the heat. It's like a little competition between me and mother nature...not so much a money issue.
And cake is better. The end.
Post a Comment